i'm pretty sure if i were smart, i would have come up with these quotes/sayings myself. but, alas, i'm not, nor am i original. so, i will post them, giving props to my man auggie. because, he pretty much rocks my world. WORK it, boy.
<3s.
Augusten Burroughs
"...I don't think it's any more deceptive than wearing four-inch come-fuck-me pumps when one has no intention of ever fucking anybody."--Possible Side Effects
"Although I was able to maintain a pleasant expression, I was mentally throwing up in her face." --Magical Thinking
"I told myself, 'All I want is a normal life'. But was that true? I wasn't so sure. Because there was a part of me that enjoyed hating school, and the drama of not going, the potential consequences whatever they were. I was intrigued by the unknown. I was even slightly thrilled that my mother was such a mess. Had I become addicted to crisis? I traced my finger along the windowsill. 'Want something normal, want something normal, want something normal', I told myself."--Running With Scissors
"It’s a wonder I’m even alive. Sometimes I think that. I think that I can’t believe I haven’t killed myself. But there’s something in me that just keeps going on. I think it has something to do with tomorrow, that there is always one, and that everything can change when it comes."--Running With Scissors
"...handsome people are always interesting to watch. But a handsome person in crisis is riveting." Dry
"Everybody in recovery smokes. If you don't like smoking, don't even bother trying to get sober. Just stay drunk." --Possible Side Effects
"I think I love him, but I also think that you can love people who aren't good for you." --Dry
and last but not least. he echoes my sentiments. and i couldn't say it better.
"So that's what I'm here to become. And suddenly, this word fills me with a brand of sadness I haven't felt since childhood. The kind of sadness you feel at the end of summer. When the fireflies are gone, the ponds have dried up and the plants are wilted, weary from being so green."
a. burroughs.
No comments:
Post a Comment